Sunday, November 16, 2008

"The start of something New ! "

So what is l-o-v-e? We always think about the world view on it and indulge ourselves to understand it the way our friends, co-coworkers, family do. Perhaps most of the time, we don't even bother to even pause a bit to do anything about it, because it's such a big investment of all that we have. Time, energy, vulnerability, you name it! BUT the biggest universal problem here seems to be the underlying question of: Is this person worthy of my love? Trust me, it sounds really shallow and I know it but honestly isn't this exactly the VERY first reaction that quietly unfolds in our hearts whenever we're faced with the decision.

Then I ask myself, how do you do it?

I know I struggle with this dilemma all the time! I'm sure no expert at this, but in my daily struggle of not knowing how to love people around me and neither feeling loved myself, I can't help but struggle my way back to Jesus and His Cross, the full expression of LOVE. Sometime with my face drowned in tears, I'd still be like: ' WOW!! The Bid guy's for REAL!" It's been a real battle but it's never meant for us to do it alone. I was FINALLY reminded of this truth when talking to Daniel and Evelyn today. I'm so grateful for them! haha :) We need God, even though sometimes, we are so focused on our own circumstances, that we are led to think that "it's OK" to go through it alone, and that's exactly when we've realized we've dug a whole for ourselves. And then we're just like, dang, I'm Stuck. Where do I go from here? 'Letting Go' and 'Humbling Ourselves' is something I am getting to know more intimately about in these days as I am constantly reminded to humbly and gratefully receive love from God and to freely give love to one another because Jesus has first loved us. Frankly speaking, they're such difficult truths to live out yet their so fundamental at the same time! Don't you think?

On a slightly different note, I'm going through some BIG CHANGE! Deeeep Breathhhh!:D Learning to embrace the BAD DAYS and trials of life definitely marks "the start of something new!" -HSM 1, wohooo!

Cheers <3

1 comment:

hwentland said...

Love your thoughts. Love's such a big thing and the trusting part can be tricky sometimes.

On another angle I think love is also enjoying the person we love. That's the reason we do things for them, help them and that's the reason it's not mechanical. I think the trick is sometimes to find things that we enjoy in others, even if they seem so unlovely. Often that might lead us to seeing Jesus in the most unlovely person (after all, Isaiah (53) says that Jesus didn't look lovely, or desirable).

I still struggle with all this and probably will never stop learning to love.