Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Looking upon Jesus :)

Hey guys,

I'm going through a lot of crap these days...[excuse my language.. haha just really sensitive to words I use..hahaaha] but I'm learning more than I can ever imagine in a million years! God has recently placed people who spoke real truth into my life, a very crucial and a genuine time a crisis! DEEP BREATH once again! Don't worry, hear we go again! Truth is treasure I believe! It's not always what you want to hear, neither is it always comforting or encouraging, but you can always tell that they somehow leads to hope and makes you stronger in the end. It's shocking and can be really astounding but it always seem like a remedy that heals, at least that what it really should be. By this I don't mean to completely lose yourself in standing for what you believe in but I genuinely think that there's definitely a place for being receptive and being teacheable. I think a lot of times, that's how our Father heals. I love it!

Upon commenting on my blog, my good friend Harry reminded me to always taking time to look for good things in people when learning to love them. I propose that it is a very selfless act, and to look for Jesus in them especially when they seem unlovable. I like how this is teaching me a practical way of loving others as 'myself', the 2nd of the greatest commandment of all!! It's such a awesome calling isn't it! haha :D

Isaiah 53: 1-3
1 Who has believed our message

and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.


When we look upon Jesus, and begin to lose ourselves in Him, people around us may seem different to us after all. Our family, our friends, our co-workers. Jesus was selfless. I think it is the most compelling factor for me to be excited to actually get down and dirty and be like him.

1 comment:

hwentland said...

hey phila, i added a few things on the right (below the about me) to follow and/or subscribe to my blog.